About my Blog

Travel, Food, Film, Books, and Music!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Kifint, Malta? or, New People I Love (part one of many!)

Just a warning (not like it's a bad thing, it's a very very good thing!!), there will be more than one entry about Malta, because: We spent 2 weeks there, did TONS of stuff, and met some amazing people (most of whom are family). So, I need the space and time to write about this amazing part of our trip properly. Please be patient =]



Rita, our second cousin, was lovely enough to pick us up from the airport and drop us off at our hotel. Later that evening, she met us outside with a bag full of pastizzi ( my kind of girl!!) and Johnny, Ian, and Giada in tow ( more second cousins). In true Maltese hospitality ( the friendliest people on the planet, really!), we were served Cisk beer and talked as if we had known each other our entire lives. 
This is one of the many reasons that I feel so lucky to be a part of this family through my husband. I come from a very small family and was fortunate enough to marry into the biggest family I could have ever imagined! I still haven't met everyone, after 3 years of being together! And it's not from lack of trying! haha!

From left:Giada, Ian, Johnny, Rita, myself (my honey took the photo)

The next day, we were hungover, so we detoxed at the beach. I found some kitties hiding in the bush!

 These are like natural hot tubs from the ocean!


Sunday, we went to meet some family. This is Dave's grandfather (recently deceased) Nannu's brother Gianni. He's so funny and reminds me so much of Nannu. It's the cheeky Galea side!

Plenty of group photos coming! Us, Rita, Giada, Ian, Aunty Maria, and Uncle Gianni.


As you will see from this point on in our trip, we are always lucky to arrive somewhere when there is a local festival. This is a festa of a specific part of town. Here, people were chanting, the feeling was incredible ( I have goosebumps thinking about it!). 





Here, we met Alaya, Olivia, and Jason!


Lovely Rita!

Blue Grotto

Lovely ladies, all Galeas now!
We did a LOT of swimming, snorkeling, tanning, etc... In Malta, and I have to say it's the best in the world. 
More to come, don't you worry!

2 comments:

  1. This little island has a lot of things to offer and I feel lucky to be born here. Well done Diane love it!! Thanks and waiting eagerly the following. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for everything Rita! We really loved Malta and I'm sure we'll return again and again. I'm glad I experienced this wonderful country at a relatively young age so I can keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete