About my Blog

Travel, Food, Film, Books, and Music!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Syros, Greece

We decided to go off the beaten track and picked an Island recommended to us by a friend of my mother's (Thanks, Spyros!). We were not disappointed! 
Greek people are overall pretty nice, especially the owners of the place where we stayed, who picked us up when we arrived at 1am! Even with the language barrier, we managed to get along quite well.
If you're looking for a party island, this is not what you want. But, if you want to relax, soak up the sun, and not get overcharged for food, this is your place!

We hired this buggy:



See how happy he is? <3

We took it around and stopped by a few beaches on the island to snorkel:




We found this abandoned house which inspired me:






I made a dog friend while I was sleeping

After 2 nights, one day, we were off to Rhodes. I would love to come back to Syros one day, though!

Short but sweet. Next time, Rhodes Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment