About my Blog

Travel, Food, Film, Books, and Music!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Paris Je T'aime, Part 2

Here are some more photos from our time in Paris!

We did the Catacombes, which I have wanted to do for many many years, and finally did. It is probably the coolest place I have EVER been to! It's thousands of bones, deep underground, as well as scultpures, wells, and tombs. It's not very expensive (8 euro for adults, under 26 4 Euro). The employees are nice, but make SURE you show up well before their 5pm closing time, as the last group allowed in is at 4pm, and there is always a line. We got there in the pouring rain in the middle of the week and waited over an hour and a half, not sure if we would make it in. Luckily, we did, and it was well worth the wait in the cold rain! To get here, take Metro line 6 to Denfert Rochereau, Line 4 Denfert Rochereau, or the RER B toward Robinson OR Saint-Remi Les Chevreuse to Denfert Rochereau. It's ON the Roundabout, and the entrance faces a big Lion Statue. Here are some photos:

It's a well!

Lots of Tunnels

Stop: This is the Empire of Death

Jolly Roger and I

Stoked, as usual haha

Talking and drinking with my Uncle at an awesome restaurant in Paris

Dave's first experience with Escargots!
 Notre Dame is a lovely place to visit. This is also free, unless you want to go up to the top. Honestly, the only place I want to pay to go "up" and see a nice view is the Eiffel Tower. Anyway, to Get to Notre Dame, You take the RER B to St-Michel Notre Dame.
Notre Dame de Paris, loving the weather that day, makes for a dramatic scene!
 To get to la Grande Arche de La Defense, take the RER A Toward Cergy, Poissy, or St. Germain en Laye to La Defense. There are a couple of Malls (aka Shopping Centers) in the station at that stop if you are looking to do some shopping while in Paris, although I recommend Champs Elysees or Les Galleries Lafayette for shopping.
La Grande Arche de La Defense

We found a big Thumb!

Those of you reading that know me, know that I have a special place in my heart for Disneyland. So, naturally, I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time, as well as the park next door, Walt Disney Studios. This was SO fun!!! The roller coasters are faster, and there are more rides with loops, which I have grown to love. Honestly, It's a must-do in Paris! Take the RER A to Marne-La Vallee, which is the stop ONLY for Disneyland, so it's easy to find =]








Showing the La love in front of the Eiffel Tower. To get here, take the Metro line 6 to Bir Hakeim, or RER line C to Chamos de Mars Tour Eiffel. To go up, it cost us 13 Euros Each to get all the way up to the top by Elevator. I'm afraid of heights, to There was no way I was going to take the stairs! I can't remember for sure, but there may have been a student discount or under 25 discount. Be sure to go a little bit before sundown, because seeing it twinkle every hour on the hour at night is a MUST.


I'm silly, I know.



I want to mention that I saw My Theatre Teacher from Elementary school twice along with her partner twice, but somehow forgot to take photos BOTH times!! How silly of me. We were just having too much fun! We went to a show the first time, and had a drink in a Pub the second. I have known Caroline since I was a little girl, and I'm so glad we have kept in touch over all this time. She is such a fun person! We look forward to seeing them both again when we return, and this time I promise we will take photos! Thanks again Caroline!
We also got to see a girl I used to babysit, Simone. I feel so old seeing her at 18 years old! She's doing an internship in Paris and going to an Ivy League school, I couldn't be more proud of her! We also forgot to take pictures because we only saw each other for about half an hour for a quick lunch. It was great to catch up though!

After 2 weeks in Paris, we were off to Nice from the Orly Airport to Cote D'azur Airport to hang out with our Buddy Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment