About my Blog

Travel, Food, Film, Books, and Music!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roma, Italia! Giorno 1 e 2

Ciao my friends! I know it has been a long time since I posted, hope you will forgive, as I have had spotty internet for the last 3 weeks while traveling France with my honey, my mom, and granny! 

Back to the trip!

Next stop was Rome! It was an awesome city, except for the really ridiculous metro system. It's in the shape of an X and everything you want to see is on the left side... so you still end up walking for ages.


We arrived in the early afternoon so we went for a bit of a walk around, metro is only 1 Euro per trip so that's a great deal!

Colosseum, Incredible building!


Kitty!!! Sleeping on the warm rock wall of the Colosseum

What a great way to explore the city!......NOT
(I saw an ad describing segway tours as exhilarating with the wind whooshing through your hair to cool you down...HA)

Foro Romano


More kitties!!

The Tiber River walk, a la Robert Langdon

Circo Massimo

Day 2! 

Coloseum: We actually got to go in this day, make sure to go in the morning so when you're standing in line you're in the shade! Also, don't fall for the people saying you're going to wait in line for 2 hours, they just want you to give in and pay the extra for a guided tour. However, if you're short of time and want a guided tour, try to get one with the very enthusiastic guy, we saw him at several sites and almost wished we were in his group!

12 Euros entry, 7,50 if you are a Euro student, also includes entry to the Forum (which we did not use)


WHY does this remind me of that awful movie Jumper?

We got cheap pizza for lunch where you pay based on the weight, meaning you get exactly the amount you want to eat! It's next to the Largo Torre Argentina, where I went to visit the Kitties at the
Torre Argentina Roman Cat Sanctuary!

All of the cats I spent time with were handicapped in some way (missing a leg, blind, etc...) and 3 lovely ladies take care of them every single day, out of the goodness of their own hearts. They love cats and are 100% No Kill, which is the best anyone could ask for. As far as I understood, all cats are up for permanent adoption or adoption at a distance. They have all been de-sexed. This experience is 100% FREE and there is no pressure to donate, but you sure know I did! I even splurged and got a Gatti Di Roma Shirt! If you'd like to help, click on the link above! =]



Dave made a friend, 100% blind, hopped up on each of our laps and slept and purred for ages!


I love kitties!!

Day 3 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment