About my Blog

Travel, Food, Film, Books, and Music!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shanghai "Noon"


This blog post is dedicated to Frank Galea. May he Rest in Peace. 
Unfortunately, We got bad news during our stay in Shanghai, that Dave's grandfather unexpectedly passed away. I loved Nannu very much and I know Dave, myself, and the rest of the family will be missing him the rest of our lives. Dave's first words after he found out were: "He was a real man". I couldn't have said it better myself. He was a wonderful man, husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and great-grandfather. We already miss him so much and can't believe he's gone, it feel like we saw him just yesterday. We lit some incense at a Temple in his honor and memory <3

RIP Nannu! We love you! <3

Hey everyone, today I'm going to share some photos from Shanghai. Aside from Hong Kong, Shanghai was was favourite place in China. I loved the food, the people, and the beautiful spots we saw!


My honey at the Biggest outdoor skatepark in the world! SMP

Our friend George trying to bargain a tazi price and answering questions about his dreads at the same time!

From Left: George, Dave, Jason, and Ruth, at the Grand Opening of the Shanghai Museum of Glass!

Shanghai museum of Glass grand opening

I made a kitty friend! a Scottish fold, officially my favourite breed!

Yu Yuen Gardens Market entrance

Feeding the Koi at Yu Yuen Gardens!

Random tourists wanted to take photos with us

Catching them in the act

A lady absolutely wanted her daughter to pose with George

GOTCHA!

Attracting attention everywhere he goes, I only left the boys alone for 5 minutes and this is what I came back to!

Selling squid on a stick, Dave loved it!

Hand-Made Noodles in a Chinese Muslim Restaurant. Be sure to order LA MIEN if you find one of these places,  it's incredibly delicious!

The Bund

"It's not real hair is it?"

Delicious Crayfish, battles ensue
I also forgot to get a photo, but Pork Buns are amazing! You'll never find anything sweet for breakfast, but vegetarian options are always available! Shanghai was a lot of fun and I can't wait to return when Shanghai Disneyland opens in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment